Sorry, I couldn’t fit it all into the header. Anyway, these words are just for preening. You might be able to use the penultimate one on a Words With Friends game, but the rest I present to you simply for phonetic fun. However, if you do manage to use them in a sentence, I’d like to hear about it.
- Floccinaucinihilipilification: (n) the habit of estimating something as worthless.
- Aspectabund: (adj) expressive, referring to the face.
- Selcouth: (adj) unfamiliar, rare.
- Kenspeckle: (adj) having so distinctive an appearance as easily to be recognized.
- Synecdoche: (n) a figure of speech in which a part is used for the whole (as hand for sailor), the whole for a part (as the law for police officer), the specific for the general (as cutthroat for assassin), the general for the specific (as thief for pickpocket), or the material for the thing made from it (as steel for sword). (This one was for you, LAM.)
- Impavid: (adj) fearless, undaunted
- Pulchritude: (n) beauty, loveliness
- Ataraxia: (n) peace of mind, calmness.
- Xeric: (adj) of, characterized by, or adapted to an extremely dry habitat.
- Shessha: (n) an oriental tobacco pipe with a long flexible tube connected to a container where the smoke is cooled by passing through water.